Applicant must be a son or daughter of an employee (includes adopted children and stepchildren who reside with employee, and children whose legal guardian is an employee) who has completed one or more years of continuous service by January 1, 2022, and is actively employed on March 31, 2022, at the following locations:
Pella Corporation (includes Pella-owned manufacturing sites), Bonelli, Duratherm, Reilly, CWS, Burris or one of the Pella-owned sales subsidiaries located in Chicago, Detroit, Hawaii-Southern California, Jacksonville, Orlando, Rockford, Seattle, and NJ/NY.
Sons and daughters of deceased or retired employees with one or more years of continuous employment and who were full-time employees at the time of death or retirement are also eligible to apply.
Applicants must be graduating high school seniors within the United States.
Choice of College
Scholarship recipients may enroll as degree candidates in any community college, professional school, college, or university in the United States to earn an AA., A.S, A.A.S. or bachelor’s degree.
Course of Study
Scholarship recipients may pursue the educational program of their choice.
Payment of Awards
Scholarship checks are mailed directly to the institution made payable to the school and the student. Recipients of scholarships will be contacted prior to the beginning of the fall school term and given details necessary to process the grant. The Pella Engineering Innovation Scholarship will be administered by the Engineering Department.
Use of Awards
The scholarships may be used only for tuition and academic fees (matriculation and graduation fees can be included, provided they are charged to all students) charged in connection with the student’s selected course of study up to the maximum amount.
Recipients are selected by an external scholarship committee on the basis of:
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Indication of excellent character
- Scholastic performance (including but not limited to subjects taken, grade point average, ACT or SAT scores)
- Involvement in school and/or community activities
- Essay questions
An Engineering Innovation Scholarship, sponsored by the Pella Engineering Department, will be given to a student planning to major in an engineering or technical-related field.
The Scholarship Committee
The Scholarship Committee is comprised of impartial evaluators with academic and admissions backgrounds at the collegiate level who are not employed by or connected to Pella Corporation or the Rolscreen Foundation.
- The acceptance of a scholarship carries with it no obligations to Pella Corporation other than the obligation of the student to observe the rules of the Scholarship Program.
- Each recipient through this program must enter school by the fall of the award year and must continue without interruption except for usual vacation periods, illness, active duty military training, or other cause approved by the Pella Rolscreen Foundation Executive Director.
- Recipients must complete their course of study in the normal prescribed time required to obtain a degree, earning as a full-time student the normal number of hours, quality grades, and credit points contemplated under the academic program.
- If the student meets the normal academic progress specified by the institution and if all other qualifications are met, each 4-year scholarship recipient will receive $2,000 annually for a maximum of four years and 2-year scholarship recipients will receive $750 annually for a maximum of two years.
- Each recipient must provide any changes in university or college attended to the Foundation Administrator by June 1 of each year to ensure checks are sent to the correct institution. If changes occur during the school year, the recipient must notify the Administrator.
Revocation of Scholarship
- Any scholarship awarded through this program may be revoked at any time if the student fails to comply with his or her responsibilities as outlined above.
- A scholarship will not be revoked because a parent or guardian ceases to be an employee of Pella Corporation or one of its wholly owned subsidiaries.
- If the amounts received as part of this scholarship program are not used in furtherance of the education of the recipient, the awards extended shall be repaid by the individual to the source of the Scholarship.